Improving ElderScrolls Oblivion
Oblivion by Bethesda is almost perfect game, yet it can be improved.
Below you will find screenshots that document how much better Oblivion can look using mods like Qarl’s textures, DarkUI 2.30, DarkUI Loading Screens, CaptNKILL’s LOD distant textures, and several others. Best thing about these mods is that they do not adversaly affect game performance, at least on high-end cards with 512MB of video memory (NVIDIA 7800/7900GTX or ATi X1800/X1900XT).
You can download complete pack of comparison screenshots here (rapidshare.de, 10MB) or see them individually below.
This list of mods wil help you improve your Oblivion experience (please install mods in the following order, overwriting existing files):
- Oblivion Mod Manager (to alter BSA files),
- DarkUI 2.30 (includes BTMod; install also DarN configs provided, they improve the interface even further), 12MB,
- DarkUI Loading Screens 1.1 (10MB),
- Natural Environments 2.1.2 plugin (includes Better Water, Better Habitat, Better Weather, etc.), 15MB,
- Parallax giga pack (180MB),
- CaptNKILL Landscape LOD textures version II (110MB),
- CaptNKILL Non-Tiling Landscape Textures pack (22MB),
- LOD normal map fix (17MB),
- Qarl’s Texture Pack II (300MB),
- Borderless Icons (3MB) + Oblivion Well Used Map (3MB),
- Natural Faces (6MB),
- Visually Enchanted weapons (1MB),
- No More Annoying Messages plugin.
Please refer to README.txt that comes with each mod. Some mods require manual editing of Oblivion.ini and other files, or use of OBMM to generate ArchiveInvalidation.txt file.